£21.99 – Indies Only Green Coloured Vinyl LP & DLC
£21.99 – Limited Edition Yellow Coloured Vinyl LP & DLC
The Lemonheads’ first record in 10 years and follow up to the critically acclaimed Varshons (2009), Varshons 2 is another eclectic collection of covers including versions of Nick Cave, Yo La Tengo, The Bevis Frond, The Eagles and some obscure beauties like Florida Georgia Line’s ‘Round Here’, Natural Child’s ‘Now And Then’, The Eyes’ raucous ‘TAQN’ and The GiveGoods’ gorgeous ‘Unfamiliar’ (a tune Evan Dando penned with former Smudge man Tom Morgan).
Produced by director Matthew Cullen and mastered by Howie Weinberg (Beastie Boys, Nirvana, The Ramones), Varshons 2 brims with the slowly-matured vocal of Evan Dando as he lures a host of personal faves to his melodic lair. He really has become one of the great expressive singers of our time.
Varshons 2 is a hokey jukebox filled with unique versions of Yo La Tengo, Nick Cave, The Bevis Frond, NRBQ, The Eagles, Paul Westerberg, The Jayhawks, Lucinda Williams and John Prine. Like Hank Williams slumped in his car between gigs, strumming and hollering, reasoning and weeping, humming it on over, Evan and his Lemonheads make every tune their own.
“The Lemonheads are no strangers to a cover, the grunge-pop heroes perfect the art.” NME
Both LPs include downloads and are housed in Limited Edition Banana Scented Scratch & Sniff Sleeves.
- Can’t Forget (Yo La Tengo)
- Settled Down Like Rain (Jayhawks)
- Old Man Blank (The Bevis Frond)
- Things (Paul Westberg)
- Speed Of The Sound Of Loneliness (John Prine)
- Abandoned (Lucinda Williams)
- Now And Then (Natural Child)
- Magnet (NRBQ)
- Round Here (Florida Georgia Line)
- Take A Quaalude Now (The Eyes)
- Unfamiliar (The GiveGoods)
- Straight To You (Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds)
- Take It Easy (The Eagles)